Yesterday things have moved to hour by hour with my MIL. Her family now has the house on complete lock down. Only immediate immediate family is allowed in. I had asked if I could be there with Josh and I told his aunt that I would understand if not. She told me no and I am ok with that. Not a problem and it gives those like my husband more time with her. Right now she is unresponsive and sleeping. Josh said that she is still in alot of pain because she stirs a bit and then her family gives her some meds. The hospice nurse said that she felt that it will be this weekend.
Josh was over at his moms last night for about five hours and I didn't want to bother him. I figured that if I didn't hear anything that he needed to focus all of his attention on her. A little bit before 9 pm last night Brycen and I were snuggling on the couch and we said a prayer for grandma and he said that he loves her very much. It was 9:13 pm when out of the blue he said "bye grandma". I thought I heard him correctly but I felt the need to make sure. That is what he said. Then he told me of things that were happening. "Daddy give grandma smooch and huggie and daddy gave grandma to JL". Really made me sad and a little uneasy. Five minutes after he said those things Josh pulled into the drive way. Brycen said those things most likely right when they happened because it only really takes a minute and a half to get to my house from my MIL's and Josh would have had time to get his shoes on and go to the car. Wow! Also, right after he said "bye..." he said that he was playing with grandma. I asked him where she was and said that she was very tired and going to beddy. Then he went into daddy giving her smooches. I know that kids are smarter than we often give them credit for and that their innocents makes them vulnerable to things that we can't explain. I feel that Brycen knows exactly what is going on because he isn't asking to see grandma, he is asking to see his pap pap, JL.
Josh went to work today and won't be home until 4 pm. I'm not going to call JL or even Josh's aunt to see how things are. I already know. I'll leave them have their peace and quiet time with her. That is about it for today. I am going to be productive and get the kids's clothes pressed and ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow Cassie. It gave me chills when I was reading about Brycen. He is one smart little boy who will always remember his Grandma and how very special she is. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this very difficult time. Big HUGS to all of you!
ReplyDeletei certainly believe it...i know that children are more open to spiritual happenings than adults are. their minds aren't marred by the adult world of paying bills, school, and questioning everything. they simply accept what they see, hear, and feel, and that is a great gift. what a shame we adults can't do the same! brycen shared a very special moment with elaine, and if he's like me, he'll remember it vividly even as he gets older. take comfort knowing that they have such a special realationship that they can have that kind of connection! :)
ReplyDeletei hope you all are doing ok...keep your pretty head up...i know you can do it! :)