Monday, March 23, 2009

Heaven is getting prepared.

I got to see my MIL yesterday late afternoon. Her coloring keeps changing and it is getting more difficult for her to breath. She is such a fighter! I talked to her and told her that "God and her parents are waiting for her. It's ok for her to go. We love her very much and don't want to see her go but God wants her more and that she needs to go and be with him." We still are puzzled on what she is hanging on for. Maybe now it is the fact she doesn't want to leave the good life she finally had here. Two wonderful grandchildren and a fiancee. JL promised her a real engagement ring when she got out of the hospital and he is a man of his word. My MIL has her engagement ring on her left hand and it is big and gorgeous! Wow! JL is such a wonderful man.

Hospice saw her yesterday and felt that it was going to be last night or today. But, people can fool the hospice nurses and stay for a week or two. Right now we are all hoping that isn't the fact. We don't want to see her go but everyone's tired, stressed, and sad to see such a wonderful soul like this. Today I am going to be on standby with the phone yet again. My mom is busy today so I can't call upon her to run over and sit with the kids while I say my last good by to her at her home. In a little bit I'll make a few phone calls to get someone lined up for that phone call we are all waiting for.

2 comments:

  1. :*( that is so sad that she's still holding on! she really loves her family, her friends, and life and doesn't want to go. what a shame this all is. :(
    PLEASE don't hesitate to call me if you need to run out. i can take off of work, it's not a big deal. i make my own shifts, and if i don't show up, no one will really care, especially when i give them the reason. SO CALL! :) ok? i hope you are feeling ok. i see that you are up at 4am a lot so you're probably not sleeping well...get rest and take care of yourself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Katie! I think I might have the time clock set wrong. I did the entry about 6ish. That's when I usually write them.

    ReplyDelete