Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tahoe disaster!

Yesterday I took the Tahoe to the dealer to get inspected. I normally wouldn't deal with these people but we get free inspections for the life of the vehicle since it was purchased there. Since we get free inspections they always pick the car appart. Try to find something wrong so they can get some sort of money out of the deal. Well the break sensors was the issue this time at the cost of $250. No way so I took my car and went home. Josh took the wheels off and cleaned the sensors so all is well. Well maybe...but not really! He had the car on the jack and was getting ready to put the jack stands under the vehicle when the it fell off of the jack. Not good! When the Tahoe came down the jack cracked the housing for the 4 wheel drive. Ouch! It is leaking oil from the housing and must be fixed. Hopefully we can fix it cheaply but no matter what it won't be too cheap. This time we can't fix this ourselves due to the fact that the axels have to be taken off to get to the part and the part may cost $3,000 to fix. Definitely don't have that extra chunk laying around.

This morning I took the Tahoe back in and got my sticker on the car. They noticed the oil leaking under the car but didn't investigate it. Whew!

What a beautiful day outside! Too bad the kids sleep all afternoon for me but they have all evening to enjoy the nice weather. Arianna has a therapist appointment at 4:30 and that usually runs about an hour. After eating some dinner I was thinking about taking everyone up to the cemetery for a walk and to visit my MIL's grave. That all is on hold until Josh takes a look at the vehicle to see if I can even drive it. *sighs* Not sure what to do this weekend with my auction on Saturday. Just play it by ear.

I'm off to straighten up a bit before the therapist gets here and get Ari up from her nappy.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry, Cassie. I guess it si true when they say..."When it rains, it pours!" I hope you get your vehicle fixed soon and enjoy this nice weather!

    ReplyDelete