Friday, April 3, 2009

Leading into the weekend.

Last night was nice. Arianna's appoinment ended up getting canceled due to the therapist not feeling well so we got everyone ready to get out of the house. It was so warm and the sunshine felt so good. We took everyone up to the cemetery. It was hard seeing the spot where she is at. Geibel's have the ground looking very nice. The palms are all woven over the grave site with flowers decorating it. The footspray is at her feet and the lid spray at the top. Very classy looking instead of seeing dirt. We took the kids for a walk around the cemetery. Looking at grave monuments and trying to see how old some of the people were. This is something Josh and I have always done. Even when we go on a weekend trip somewhere and we see an old cemetery we would stop and walk around. Clean off a few graves and just be a peace. During our walk we were coming up on Josh's grandparents graves along with some others in the family when I looked over towards where Elaine is. The sun was coming through the clouds and beams of rays stretched over the whole cemetery. Just beautiful! I started to tear up and looked at Josh. We embraced and knew that this was her turn to go to Heaven.

On our way home from the cemetery Josh's one aunt called and wanted to come over to see the kids. We were almost home so we said "sure". It's been nice having company just stop over, especially to see the kids. Aunt S. came over and played with the kids in the back yard for a little but until it started to get chilly. We retreated back into the house and Aunt S. continued on her walk around the farm.

Today I have to meet up with the Blind Association at Boscovs. I wanted to go over how they have the room set up and to drop off my equipment. My mom is going to watch the kids for me which is nice. I just told her that I have an appointment. Well I do. :o)

It is almost 7 am here and I have some work to get done before I start to get the kids up. I hope that everyone has a good weekend and if you are in the area please stop by the Boscov's auditorium between 10 am and 2 pm on Saturday. Lots of very nice items that were donated for the charity auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment